It seems like every second there’s something new happening in the world of social media. As a business owner, sometimes staying up-to-date on the latest trends can seem like too much to deal with on your own. That’s where the social media experts at The Social Ginger come in!
We are passionate about keeping up with the latest trends, but we do have some tried and true resources that we turn to that make staying in-the-know a little easier. From blogs, to email newsletters, to podcasts, classes and people to follow on social media, there’s something for everyone.
Social Media Blogs
These are quick resources for you on a variety of topics from general social media questions to specific platform resources.
- Social Media Examiner
- This site features a blog + an email newsletter! Social Media Examiner is written for marketers by marketers, sharing everything you need to know about the latest social media trends and changes to keep you up-to-date. We specifically love the reports that they produce!
- Mari Smith (Facebook specific)
- Wondering how you can beat the ever-changing landscape of Facebook? Mari Smith has your answers. She takes the latest updates and translates them into digestible info, often with lots of great discussion from others within the industry.
- Follow her on social:
- Social Media Today
- News articles ranging on a variety of topics all in one space. Topics range from Content Marketing, Digital Strategy, Social Marketing and Social Media Updates.
- Sue B. Zimmerman (Instagram specific)
- Focusing on Instagram, Sue gives you actionable tips and tricks to take your Instagram to the next level.
- From classes (some come with certifications), blogs and email newsletters, HubSpot is your go-to to keep your skills sharp on social media.
- WordStream by LOCALiQ
- Offering blogs and email newsletters that give you specific examples and ideas you can incorporate into your social media plan.
Quick, easy to digest information on a variety of topics delivered straight to your inbox!
- AAF’s Mosaic Center
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion arm of AAF (American Advertising Federation) offers an email about how to incorporate more DE&I into your marketing.
- Geekout Newsletter for Social Media Managers by Matt Navarra
- Matt Navarra, while based in the UK, he’s widely known to be an expert in social media to the level of Mari Smith. Often he is the first to break big social media news and his followers offer intriguing discussions.
- Follow Matt:
Sharpen your marketing mind while you’re working out, on your commute or just working around the house. Be sure and check out our favorite experts as well who also offer podcasts!
- Duct Tape Marketing
- The Duct Tape Marketing podcast has been delivering expert insights and tips for marketers since 2005. Host John Jantsch interviews top marketers and thought leaders for daily tips, tactics, and sources of inspiration geared towards small businesses.
- Marketing Made Simple
- Marketing doesn’t have to be complicated to be effective. The Marketing Made Simple podcast by StoryBrand offers weekly tips to help marketers simplify their efforts for better results.
- Marketing School
- Digital marketing experts Neil Patel and Eric Siu share bite-sized daily episodes packed with actionable advice. Topics covered include the latest SEO strategies, maximizing engagement on social media, and setting meaningful goals.
- Social Pros Podcast
- Social media is an ever-changing, yet critical component of many company’s marketing strategies. Social Pros features top social media strategists who spotlight key trends and changes happening in the social media landscape so marketers can be ahead of the curve.
- Build Your Tribe | Grow Your Business with Social Media
- Though primarily geared towards entrepreneurs, Build Your Tribe by Chalene and Brock Johnson offers valuable advice for anyone looking to leverage online platforms for business growth. Topics include branding basics, the latest hashtag strategies, social media content ideas, and more.
- Social Media Marketing Podcast
- Social Media Marketing is hosted by Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner and has been a valued resource on all things social media since 2012. This podcast delivers weekly episodes designed to help marketers learn new strategies and deliver better campaigns.
Social Media Classes
Even if you have a degree in marketing, the industry changes so fast that much of what you learn is already obsolete (even if you’ve been out of school for under 5 years)! These classes offer a way for you to sharpen your skills whether you are a complete novice or someone looking for an in-depth deep dive.
- HubSpot Academy
- What is Social? by Coursera
- Social Media Monitoring by Udemy
- The Business of Social by Coursera
- Meta Certification by Facebook
- LinkedIn Certification
- Earn certifications to showcase on your personal LinkedIn page in Marketing Fundamentals, Marketing Strategy and Content and Creative Design.
- G4 Google Analytics Training
- Did you know that Google Analytics is changing up their reporting platform for Google Analytics? Get the new training before your site is moved over to the new reporting platform.
- Social Media Quickstarter by Constant Contact
- Yes, Constant Contact is an email marketing platform. This class is for the very beginners to start on their social media marketing journey.
Resources to Follow / Groups to Join
Keep up to date with other resources we recommend while you’re surfing around on social media yourself.
- The Social Ginger 😉
- The Social Media Geekout
- Social Media Marketing Strategies for Business Professionals
As you can see, there are a ton of incredible resources available to help keep you up to date with the social media landscape. Most importantly, if you haven’t signed up for our email list, be sure you do HERE.
Up Your Social Media Game with The Social Ginger
The Social Ginger is here to be your full-service social media marketing partner. Skip the hassle of trying to manage your social media marketing by yourself! Our rockstar team of experts are happy to assist with the set-up process. Set up a FREE discovery call today.