Here’s what has been happening with your favorite social media platforms:
The latest update for iOS 16.1, Apple quietly rolled out some new app developer requirements that could mean big trouble for Meta! Now the company will be collecting a 30% commission on all transactions from apps that allow users to pay to increase the reach or visibility of their content.
In other Meta news …
- Collaborations could be coming to your Facebook Reels! This would allow another user to co-author a Reels clip with your brand.
- Big news for ‘creator’ pages on Instagram! The platform officially announces its new ‘Creator Portfolio.’ This will allow creators to build what is essentially a media kit package. This could be a game-changer if your brand works with influencers!
- In a throwback reminiscent of our MySpace days, Instagram is testing a new feature that would allow users to add a song to their profiles.
- It’s finally happening! Instagram has expanded their test of utilizing multiple links in user bios. Look out Linktree and the like … Instagram is coming for ya!
- Elon Musk officially takes control of Twitter, swiftly cuts several execs, and removes the company from the Stock Exchange on Day 1.
- How much would you pay to be verified on Twitter? Soon it could be $19.99/month.
- Professional accounts can now take advantage of a new Analytics tab. The update will allow users to enjoy a more streamlined reporting experience.
- If you have a YouTube channel, you might have received this notification to your inbox! The platform has launched @handles for all user channels! Offering an additional way to help promote your channel across the platform.
- If you run YouTube ads, or they are something you are considering, this is one for you! The platform recently announced three new ad options, ‘Moment Blast’ and two expanded audio placements.
- Move over Instagram, TikTok launches new photo-only mode for still images
- TikTok got the hint, thanks to a new partnership with Linktree, creators on the app will now have the ability to feature more referral link options from within the app.
- Users can now look forward to longer video captions too! Creators now have up to 2,200 characters to accompany each video.
- In its latest performance report, Pinterest details their ever-increasing user base and revenue.
- LinkedIn’s parent company, Microsoft, has also released an updated performance report of their own. Once again LinkedIn records ‘record engagement’ across their platform.
- New accessibility options coming to LinkedIn include auto-captions for videos.
- Haven’t we had enough of the TikTok copycats? Snapchat announces new ‘Director Mode’ to give users new creative in-app editing options.
- Could AR advertising be right for your business? Snapchat thinks so! The app reports that even basic AR executions can drive a positive audience response.