Here’s what has been happening with your favorite social media platforms:
As many brands start to plan their holiday marketing campaigns and strategies, Meta releases several new guides to help marketers utilize the ads manager to their advantage.
- Meta for Business releases a guide to three kinds of ads that can help build long-term customer relationships.
- If your business has the ability to handle branded campaigns (any content with the paid partnership label), Meta’s new Branded Content Manager will be your new best friend.
- Discover the Key best practices for your Facebook and Instagram Ad campaigns.
In other Meta news….
- Over the last few weeks, Facebook has been notifying group admins that their lack of activity could cause them to be removed from their admin positions and replaced by other moderators due to lack of engagement! If you manage any group pages, make sure you are regularly interacting!
- Instagram is now live testing replying to comments in stories and reels, a feature TikTok users will be very familiar with.
- Instagram shares a new explainer on 4 key ad metrics to look out for when evaluating your campaign performance.
- According to X, 8 in 10 active customers are SMBs. In an effort to draw their advertising dollars back to the platform, X is offering $250 in ad credit when select businesses spend $1000 or more in the next 30 days.
- X is making a change that could impact your posting strategy for posts that have link-previews. Expect a shift in how these posts are presented to followers in-feed, removing the headline and preview text in favor of the preview-image only.
- YouTube shares new advice for Shorts creators (including hashtags advice, algorithm insights and more).
- A new study reveals that YouTube and Tiktok are the top social media apps for teens with a majority of Gen Z saying they watch YouTube ads — with almost half saying they can recall campaigns.
- YouTube announced that any and all links in your Shorts video descriptions will become non-clickable, effective August 31, 2023.
- But what happens now when you used to link your Shorts clip to a longer, more in-depth video? Well… YouTube seems to have an answer for that too. Content links are currently in the test phase.
- TikTok publishes their 2023 Holiday Guide for Marketers.
- Snapchat rises to 397M active users.
- Pinterest shares their 2023 holiday marketing tips too!
- Treads vs. X (Twitter)…what’s the difference? See the comparison.