Job type: Part Time (Social Media Manager)
At “The Social Ginger” our mission is simple- to make social media marketing a priority for small to mid-sized businesses through personalized social media management, strategy sessions, workshops/training, video creation/editing, and advertising campaigns. Our goal is to help them drive more traffic, gain more clients/customers and build their brand one post and one ad at a time.
Aa part of the team, a social media manager will also help us build and grow the agency by embracing an open mind of learning and growing with the agency.
- You’re a marketing connoisseur. You understand the needs of different industries and enjoy developing creative content for a variety of businesses.
- You enjoy writing, editing, and creating graphics that POP. You’re versatile and can quickly switch from crafting a punchy one-liner to a more detailed post. You find joy in helping others’ words shine with your editing talents, too. You can whip up a beautifully formatted graphic to coincide with each post or find the perfect image.
- You’re social. Not only do you have your own social media feeds, but you’ve successfully managed feeds for an organization, running campaigns and overseeing content. You dig Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more – and follow trends and changes within each platform with excitement and an unending curiosity about up-and-coming channels and their potential. You understand what kind of content works where, and how to use paid placements to amplify organic reach.
- You balance creativity with practicality. You know that beautiful content is wasted if it’s not discovered, consumed or shared. That’s why you embrace SEO, A/B testing and reporting as invaluable tools to validate and improve your work.
The Social Media Manager will play a key role in the following:
- Content creation. You will help source, develop, or edit nearly everything content-related for our clients – including written, visual and interactive content for social posts, and basic video creation/editing.
- Social media management. You’ll manage clients social media feeds, including developing seasonal editorial calendars; growing engagement and reach; creating and maintaining relationships with our followers; and day-to day management and deployment to all our social accounts.
- Creative ideas. You’ll use your creativity to develop high impact social media strategies and campaigns to grow our social media presence, acquire new customers, and generate sales.
- Detail-oriented results. You will provide solutions that are based on consumer insights and research in the context of overall marketing and online marketing strategies.
- Client Interfacing. You will work directly with the clients assigned to you and organize and run monthly meetings to review stats and future strategic goals.
- TSG Team meetings. Our staff meetings are held both in-person and virtually depending on current needs.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
Our new Social Media Managers must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Marketing concentration, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field. Allowed to substitute a minimum of 2 year of experience in content marketing and/or social media marketing.
- At least 1 year of social media management for an organization, including a track record of cost-effectively growing audience and engagement
- Excellent and versatile copyrighting, editing and proofreading skills
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest.
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Have access to your own computer and Wi-Fi
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and image processing)
- Basic video creation and editing skills
- Basic proficiency in web design (specifically WordPress)
- Black-belt knowledge of social CRM best-practices, Social Marketing Management tools (SMM) and Content Management Systems (CMS). For example, Hootsuite, Buffer, Agora Pulse, Loomly, Meet Edgar, Tailwind, Tweetdeck, Basecamp, Hubspot and others.
- Significant experience in producing social media content and managing projects
- Ability to explain social media to any audience and drive content management
- Experience in running Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns
Starting Hourly Rate: $18 (negotiable, based on experience) Benefits Include: bonus/commission opportunities, and professional growth opportunities with opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
How to apply:
E-mail a resume, cover letter, and past client work examples explaining why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, provide details (links) on what types of social media accounts you personally have and use on a frequent basis and what social media platform is your favorite and why.
A MUST – write “Application for Social Media Manager” in the subject area for your e-mail. Applications will only be considered if complete (resume and cover letter) as indicated. Potential employee will need to reside in the Richmond, VA area. This is an immediate need.
If you are selected to move to the next phase, you will be asked to do a mock-up campaign to showcase your abilities. This will be necessary to better understand your creativity and knowledge with social media best practices.