Job type: Part Time (Social Media Assistant Internship)
The Social Media Assistant Intern will assist our social media management team with everyday tasks associated with managing our monthly retainer clients such as assisting with social media strategy, creating needed content, producing monthly reports, scheduling and monitoring content. This position may also assist our creative team with tasks to include but not limited to: photo editing, graphic design, and video assisting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with our social media management team to assist with the day-to-day tasks associated with agencies clients.
- Assisting with content creation to include: graphic design, video work, and photo capturing/editing as needed
- Assisting with organizing client content
- Assisting with the monthly strategy for clients
- Continue to learn social media best practices as they evolve
- Shadowing social media management team in meetings and in daily duties
- Assisting with the scheduling and monitoring of social media posts
- Assisting with the setting up and management of Facebook & Instagram advertising campaigns
- Attending social events when applicable to assist with capturing photos and video content
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Ability to demonstrate background in at least one of or more of the following: social media management, digital marketing, video editing, photo editing, graphic design, web design
- MUST have graphic design experience
- Experience, but does not need to be proficient, with the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Desire to learn about the social media landscape
- Ability to show good judgment, strong attention to detail, and assist with managing projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to prioritize projects and stay organized
- Ability to multitask various types of projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conscientious punctuality for events and to meet deadlines
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work proficiently on a computer, MacBook preferred
- Ability to secure own transportation to and from office and to client locations
- Flexibility to work irregular hours to meet client needs and to attend possible after hours events.
- Positive attitude in all work situations towards other team members and clients
- Owns a laptop (no more than 3 years in age) that can handle graphic design, video and photo editing
- Experience and basic knowledge with any of the following tools (Adobe Suite, Canva, Google Drive/Dropbox)
- An understanding of business branding best practices
- An understanding of how to build out a social media strategy
- Social media management experience with the following platforms (YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram (Reels), Twitter, Pinterest)
- Experience with Graphic Design
For this role, you’ll find success by showing a continuous commitment to learning and growing into a more professional role with the team. You’ll want to always try and be one step ahead and offer your support to the team as well as go above and beyond for our clients.
Compensation and Other Position Details:
This temporary (hours are flexible 18 up to 30 hours) position as Social Media Assistant Intern will run for a period of 12-weeks. If after the 12-week intern meets and exceeds our expectations, they will be invited to move into a permanent position as either full-time or part-time. Position status is dependent upon company needs at the time.
Pay Rate: $12-$15 per hour (Rate to increase w/ demonstrated experience)
Work Location: Flexible (In Office, Virtual, Client Location)
The Social Ginger is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
How to apply:
E-mail a resume, cover letter, and past client work examples explaining why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, provide details (links) on what types of social media accounts you personally have and use on a frequent basis and what social media platform is your favorite and why.
A MUST – write “Application for Social Media Assistant Internship” in the subject area for your email. Applications will only be considered if complete (resume and cover letter) as indicated. If hired, you will need to reside in the Richmond, VA area. This is an immediate need.
If you are selected to move to the next phase, you will be asked to do a mock-up campaign to showcase your abilities. This will be necessary to better understand your creativity and knowledge with social media best practices.