If you’re finding that social media takes up too much of your time, or you just keep feeling like you don’t “get it,” perhaps it’s time to explore hiring someone to help you. A social media specialist, manager, or agency is an investment, so make sure you weigh the pros and cons of how this will impact you. We’re here to help you with that “pros” list!
Here’s how a social media professional could help you:
They’re Trained & Experienced At Social Media
- They keep up with the trends and changes, so you don’t have to.
- They have knowledge and experience of how to navigate the confusing world of social media.
- Marketing on social media is more than just posting an update. Specialists understand all of the possible ways to showcase your brand.
- They also do graphic design, copywriting, targeted ads, event promotion and more.
They’re a Brand Builder For Your Company
- A specialist will know the best way to showcase your brand across multiple social media channels to maximize your exposure.
- They’ll create a consistent look and feel for your brand that you can also use on your website, blogs and other marketing materials.
They Enhance Your Online Presence
- They will work to attract relevant and consistent traffic to your website.
- Consistency on social media helps your business rank higher on Google.
- A social media specialist can enhance your brand reputation by quickly responding to online questions and reviews.
They’ll Be a Strategic Partner
- Social media specialists are dedicated to your business and want to see it succeed.
- They will dig in and learn more about your customer demographics.
- A social media specialist will make sure you have consistency between your social media profiles.
- They will work to ensure the planned posts arrive at optimal times to get the best engagement.
They’re the Eyes & Ears for Your Business Online
- Social media specialists stay in tune with everything that’s happening online. They will monitor your competitors and pay attention to trends happening.
- As mentioned earlier, they will understand how to respond to customer reviews and complaints in a professional manner and in your brand voice.
You’ll Get Freedom From The Burden of Social Media
- Social media specialists know how to run things efficiently to give you more time to focus on your business.
- It’s one less thing you have to worry about on a regular basis, but remember to check in and communicate regularly with your specialist.
They’ll Help You Beat Out Your Competition
- Social media marketing is here to stay, but not everyone is sold on it yet. Be the business to take an extra leap into social media to become the envy of your competition and customers.
- All of the elements mentioned above are why social media specialists will help you be the No. 1 company in your industry in your local area.
Hiring A Social Media Specialist Will Ultimately Save You Money
- They help you avoid the pitfalls of trial and error by helping you do it right the first time. Doing things right the first time helps you to see the potential value of social media.
- You don’t need to worry about training a person (or yourself) on your staff who is unfamiliar with best practices. Time = Money
- It’s FREE to get started on new platforms.
- Compared to many of the traditional forms of marketing (print, radio & television), social media advertising is more cost effective. You can also track its effectiveness and reach your target audience.
- Every business needs to market themselves. You owe it to your business to invest in social media marketing as part of your marketing plan.
If you’re looking for someone to partner with for your social media marketing, The Social Ginger can help you! Set up a FREE discovery call today.
This was originally published in March 2017. It was updated in June 2021.